If your Brandon MS home is for sale during the holidays, you want to keep your Christmas decorations "no fuss" and easy. Follow these tips to keep your decor low-key, so the focus remains on your HOME, not your Christmas tree:
1. Decorate your entry table with greenery or a mini-tree.
2. Add garland or greenery to the mantle
3. Place a large bowl filled with ornaments on the coffee table
4. Add a decorative tabletop tree to the dining room table
5. Display a few Santa figurines in a vignette
6. Replace art work on the wall with a Christmas painting or framed print
7. Add a vase filled with pine cones and tree branches for a nature scape
8. Replace your everyday pillows and candles with seasonal ones
9. Add twinkle lights to a special vignette
Remember LESS is MORE when your home is for sale!
Use what you have to decorate your space while keeping the home ready to show with little notice. Don't distract the buyer with clutter. The purpose is to keep your home attractive yet uncluttered while enjoying the holiday season with your family.
The tree pictured is my very own "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" that is part of my decor each year. It's one of my favorites. I use several small trees throughtout my home. All I have to do is bring them down from the attic and plug them in. It doesn't get much easier than that.
Written and Published by Pat Starnes REALTOR
Pat specializes in Residential and New Home Sales
Primary Service Area:
Brandon, Pearl, Ridgeland, Flowood and the Ross Barnett Reservoir area
Pat Starnes, Broker Associate
Front Gate Real Estate, 6700 Old Canton Rd., Suite C
Ridgeland, MS 39157
601-991-2900 - Office
601-278-4513 - Cell
Recent Blog Posts by Pat Starnes:
Are you looking to buy or sell a home in the Brandon MS market? Call me!