If you were looking for a home, would you consider the neighborhood as much as you consider the house you will ultimately select? Smart buyers also look at the condition of the surrounding homes, whether the yards are maintained, what the amenities of the neighborhood are, etc. Read on for more advice.
Sellers, What Makes Your Neighborhood Great?
When potential buyers view your home, they are just as interested in the surrounding area as they are in the property itself. So, before putting your home on the market, it's worth thinking about your neighborhood and its key characteristics.
Here's a good way to do that:
Imagine your friends or relatives come to visit from out of town. They may tell you that they like your neighborhood, and want to know what you enjoy most about living there.
How would you answer?
- Would you talk about the friendly neighbors?
- Would you list the community events?
- Would you name all the local shopping?
- Would you name all the great local schools??
- Would you describe the nice restaurants within walking distance?
- Would you tell them about the easy access to public transportation?
- Would you tell them about the local park and playground?
- Would you tell them about the community pool and clubhouse?
- Would you talk about how your neighbors keep neatly manicured lawns?
- Would you tell them about the low crime rates that give the neighborhood a sense of ease and calm?
- Would you talk about access to medical care being close enough to get to a hospital or doctor’s office quickly?
- Would you talk about a nearby town center or downtown with movies, theaters, bars, and nightlife?
There are probably many things about your neighborhood that make it great. What do you think are the top five? Those are probably characteristics of the area that most buyers will want to know.
Remember this. Buyers are not just buying a home — they are also buying into and becoming a part of a neighborhood and your neighborhood is a key selling feature of your property!
Diana White-Pettis, Associate Broker
Exit Bennett Realty
7701 Greenbelt Rd. #100
Greenbelt, MD 20770
Direct line: 240-386-1309
Turning your homes desire into a dream come true!
Written and Published by Pat Starnes REALTOR
Pat specializes in Residential and New Home Sales
Primary Service Area:
Brandon, Pearl, Ridgeland, Flowood, Madison and the Ross Barnett Reservoir area
Pat Starnes, Broker Associate
Front Gate Real Estate, 6700 Old Canton Rd., Suite C
Ridgeland, MS 39157
601-991-2900 - Office
601-278-4513 - Cell
Recent Blog Posts by Pat Starnes:
Are you looking to buy or sell a home in the Brandon MS market? Call me!