It happens to the best of us. We get a little sloppy around the house (speaking primarily of myself, but that's another topic), and let our housekeeping skills slide. If your home is "on the market", you have to be ready at a moment's notice. Here are "7 Ways to Speed Clean For a Last Minute Showing". Toni mentions some good "hiding places" I hadn't thought of. Can you think of other suggestions?
7 Ways To Speed Clean For A Last Minute Showing
It’s been a crazy day, the house is a wreck; the phone rings, it’s an agent with clients in her car outside your home. She asks if she can show the home. You ask her to give you 15 minutes. Of course, you want to have her show it: These might be your buyers.
Okay, now for the marathon 7 Ways To Speed Clean For A Last Minute Showing.
- Declutter tables and counter-tops. Stuff it in a closet or cabinet. Pick up
the kid toys and dog/cat toys. Better still, put them in grocery bags and stick them out in the garage. Bring them back later.
- Pick up those articles of clothing left lying around. Throw them in the dryer for temporary storage.
- Making the beds always makes the bedroom look good. Open the blinds; sunlight cheers people up and they remember your home with as light and bright.
- Hit the bathrooms next; put damp/used towels in the washer. Place clean towels on racks – neat and pretty.
- Declutter and clean counters. Definitely clean the mirror (remember, light and bright. And clean the toilet, just in case.
- Give a small spritz of Fabreeze in the living room. Try spraying a tiny amount on a light bulb, then turn it on. The heat spreads the scent. No Fabreeze? I’ve used my perfume instead. Do not over-do the spray; people get suspicious and will think you are trying to hide something.
- A quick sweep of your front porch and/or walkway, and your first impression is all good.
Yes, it’s a bit of a marathon but it is well worth it, and you can collapse after they leave, have a cup of tea, put your feet up. Then go find all those things you hid.
7 Ways To Speed Clean For A Showing
Visit Toni Weidmans profile on Pinterest.
Subscribe to my blog
Thinking of Selling Your Home in Trinity-New Port Richey to Hudson?
Craig and I have been selling in this area for 21 years.
Call Me or email my assistant, Shayna.
Florida Luxury Realty
Trinity, FL 34655
Save A Life: Adopt A Shelter Pet
Written and Published by Pat Starnes REALTOR
Pat specializes in Residential and New Home Sales
Primary Service Area:
Brandon, Pearl, Ridgeland, Flowood, Madison and the Ross Barnett Reservoir area
Pat Starnes, Broker Associate
Front Gate Real Estate, 6700 Old Canton Rd., Suite C
Ridgeland, MS 39157
601-991-2900 - Office
601-278-4513 - Cell
Recent Blog Posts by Pat Starnes:
Greenfield Station in Brandon MS Continues to Grow
Six Easy Tips to Save Money on Your Home Inspection
Should You Consult a Realtor When Buying New Construction?
Homes for Sale in Scottish Hills ~ Brandon MS 39047
Homes for Sale in Hidden Hills Subdivision, Brandon, MS 39047
Homes for Sale in Castlewoods Subdivision, Brandon, MS 39047
Gardens of Manship Neighborhood Information - Brandon, MS 39047
Are you looking to buy or sell a home in the Brandon MS market? Call me!