I came across the following article yesterday and it touched me, so I'd like to share the message with you. It's a perfect message for this time of Thanksgiving.
Each one of us has a lot to be grateful for. Yes, sometimes outside forces can overwhelm us, but if we remember to be thankful for the things we take for granted, we will learn we truly have much to be thankful for.
Express gratitude every day and reap the benefits! Here are 8 key benefits of expressing gratitude all year round.
- Improves your attitude. Expressing gratitude makes you feel more positive and optimistic, which can reduce stress and help improve your overall mental fortitude.
- Builds stronger relationships. A simple 'thank you' lays the groundwork for a stronger relationship, whether you're expressing gratitude to a loved one or to a stranger. Saying 'thanks' is a way to acknowledge a person for their help, which encourages them to feel special.
- Improves your mental health. The next time you feel upset or frustrated, write down what you're thankful for. Studies show that expressing gratitude helps you to deal better with your emotions and may even reduce the depression.
- Enhances your physical health. Studies show a strong correlation between gratitude and health. Put simply, people who are thankful tend to be healthier. Not only do they exercise more frequently and visit the doctor for their annual checkups, but they report feeling healthier as well.
- Boosts your self-esteem.Taking stock of what you're grateful for helps you maintain perspective and makes you less likely to compare yourself to others.
- Promotes better sleep. Jotting down what you're thankful for each day boosts your mood and reduces your stress, which can help you sleep better at night.
- Increase your empathy for others. Gratitude may make you more sensitive toward other people's feelings. Studies show grateful people are less likely to resort to retaliation when they experience negativity from others.
- Spreads happiness! Gratitude positively impacts your overall well-being, making you happier and more satisfied with your life.
Written and Published by Pat Starnes REALTOR
Pat specializes in Residential and New Home Sales
Primary Service Area:
Brandon, Pearl, Ridgeland, Flowood, Madison and the Ross Barnett Reservoir area
Pat Starnes, Broker Associate
Front Gate Real Estate, 6700 Old Canton Rd., Suite C
Ridgeland, MS 39157
601-991-2900 - Office
601-278-4513 - Cell
Recent Blog Posts by Pat Starnes:
Are you looking to buy or sell a home in the Brandon MS market? Call me!